Eyewear can be a big invest to those who rely on their glasses to see. Many people get eyewear and wear them for years or even decades with out updating the lens or the frame. I have seen many taped up and ducked taped eyewear over the years and I always suggest upgrading the eyewear so that customers can see properly. The life span of most eyewear is about 2 years. After that time you may need a new prescription to be able to see the best. While you may think it is least expensive to keep them over two years sometimes its not the best thing to do. Here are five reasons you should update your eyewear for the new year.
1. Technology- Every year there is new lens technology to help you see better. This is especially true for patients who wear multifocal or progressive lens. If you are still wearing glasses from 3 years ago you are definitely not seeing the best that you may be able to see.
2. Coatings that wear off- The anti glare or anti-scratch coating that you may have gotten at first wears off over the years. This means that your eyewear will not be as effective as it once was. By updating your eyewear you will have clean clear lens to help you see better.
3. Warranty of eyewear- Normal warranty on eyewear and coatings last for the life of the prescription. This means it is only good for two years for defects or breakage. Some warranties are only a year long so be sure to check with your eyecare professional on this matter. Remember if you break after the warranty then you have to purchase new ones any way so why not be proactive.
4. outdated style- most trends in eyewear last only a couple of years so what was popular 5 years ago may not be popular today. Stay current with your eyewear so you don’t look like your stuck in the dark ages. Check out online sources like this website to stay current on certain trends.
5. You can see better! – This is the best reason of all! Seeing sharper crisper vision makes spending that money all worth while. While it may not be a big change a little goes a long way with the eyes and the better you can see the better you will feel.
Your eye health should be of most importance and being able to see at your best is your number one priority. Being able to see will help you gain more focus on life and make for a great self esteem booster when your able to look your best as well. If your in need of some eyewear advice or want to purchase new eyewar be sure to email me your questions and request: email@example.com