5 tips to keep your eyes healthy

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

There are many things you can do to help protect your eyes and keep them from getting damaged. The eyes play an important role in our lives. They allow us to see danger ahead and to also help guide our other four senses.  By maintaining a healthly lifestyle and caring for your body in general you can also aid in helping to preserve your eyesight. Here are 5 tips you can use to help keep your eyes as healthy as possible.

 

1. Develop healthy eating habits.  Having a diet rich in green leafy vegetables can help preserve your eyesight. It may be able to prevent macula degeneration as well. Also including vitamins and fruits such as apricots and blueberries may help perserve your sight as well.

 

 

2. Get regular eye checkups This can help detect any eye problems as well as treat minor problems before they become even bigger. It is suggested to have your eyes tested atleast every two years.  If you have a family history of eye diseases such as glaucoma or macula degeneration you should have them checked every year.

 

3. protect your eyes during sports or outside activities While outside enjoying the sun and fresh air be sure to protect your eyes from UV rays. Many sunglasses now come with 100% UV protection. Also if you are playing sports its important to wear protective eyewear to prevent injury to the eyes.  There are many designer sports eyewear that you can wear to help protect your eyes from getting hurt during sports.

 

4. take vitamins to help  with eye health  Vitamins A, C, E and B2 are especially important for eye health so be sure you are getting those in your daily diet.  Consider also taking Omega 3 fish oils as well to help with your eye health. Taking these vitamins now can lead to more healthy eyes as you get older.

5. learn your family history that may affect your eyes. Some eye diseases such as Glaucoma can be hereditary so it is important to know your family history. Knowing these facts may save your eyes so  be sure to ask your family about their eye health.

 

 

Remember you only have one set of eyes, so take care of them!  If you do they will take care of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

4 Comments

    • admin

      Yes that is so true as well. Resting your eyes is very important if you work on a computer for long periods of time.

  1. Melody Rajaphoumy

    Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) damages, then destroys, central vision, your “straight-ahead,” finely detailed vision. This eye disease takes two forms, dry and wet. About 90% of AMD cases are dry. The remaining 10% are wet, a more advanced form. Wet AMD is more damaging, causing about 90% of serious vision loss.:

    Check out all of the latest short article at our internet site
    <'http://www.healthmedicinecentral.com/menstrual-cycle-symptoms/

Leave a Reply